Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Procrastination

I should have finished Chapter 20 of my current novel yesterday.
(pause to open file, go to end of document, and add two more sentences)

Chapter 20, unfortunately, is not going well at the moment. What I have done instead of writing my novel:
  • this blog entry
  • added the Kindle edition of Red Sun of Darkover to Marion Zimmer Bradley's website, Facebook, and Goodreads
  • read all my e-mail--not to be confused with answering all my e-mail
  • backed a Kickstarter project for something I really want to read--two new Sylvan Investigations stories by Laura Anne Gilman
  • eaten way too much chocolate--which at least got me away from my computer at intervals
  • played I don't know how many rounds of Disney's Worlds of Wonder--I tell myself it's good for my vocabulary
  • downloaded free novels from the Kindle store, read some of them, deleted a couple as "not on my wavelength" (I will never finish reading this), and added some to my to-be-read list. 
If I could write as quickly as I read my life would be so much easier.
It would also help if procrastination included useful things like exercise, cleaning house, and doing laundry.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone. And you are brave to actually list the things you did instead of write! When I am avoiding writing I tend to let my mind go all hazy.

    ReplyDelete