Saturday, June 16, 2012

Crash! followed by new Blog software

Although Friday the 13th isn't until NEXT month, yesterday the latest WordPress updates crashed my blog and a chunk of my website.

I can't even log into WordPress, and I'm tired of a blog that requires an advanced computer programming degree. So I'm changing to Blogger. Unfortunately my WordPress export (I did make backups) won't import, so I spent yesterday afternoon/evening and this morning entering two years of blog entries one by one from the source code. I did lose some blog entries from the early part of 2012, but I'm more concerned with fixing my web site, which is the next project.

I'm really glad that I know to hand-code HTML, and it did give me a chance to make sure all the links are current, but, on the whole, I'd rather be writing fiction.

The good news is that Blogger is much easier to use. I can see why so many of my friends use it.