Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Change-Child


In 1998 Marion Zimmer Bradley held what turned out to be her last Fantasy Worlds Festival convention. At that point Marion was working on SWORD & SORCERESS 16 and Marion Zimmer Bradley's FANTASY Magazine, but she was always happy to have an excuse to do another anthology.  One of her employees came up with the idea of a limited-edition (500 copies) anthology for the convention, so he and I got to put together the convention while Marion, Rachel Holmen, and Margaret Davis put together the anthology MARION ZIMMER BRADLEY'S FANTASY WORLDS.

In my "free" time, I wrote "Change-Child" for the anthology.  It's a short story in my Fate series, taking place between CHANGING FATE (DAW, 1994) and MENDING FATE, which I am currently re-writing for the third time. They say the third time's the charm; I really hope that's true.

"Change-Child" is available for Kindle and Nook and from Fictionwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment