Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Prince Among Frogs


"A Prince Among Frogs" appeared in Marion Zimmer Bradley's FANTASY Magazine, issue #30, published in January 1996. As I mentioned previously, I don't write nice linear sequels; this story is a sequel to "Weather Witch" (from an earlier issue of the magazine), "Things That Go Grump in the Night" (from the anthology THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT), and "Dragon in Distress" (SWORD & SORCERESS 12), none of which is related to each other until characters from each story find themselves together in this one.

While the frog prince is a classic, the idea of having one spend the day watching television was inspired by the ex-husband of a friend of mine. I was having lunch with her parents one day after the divorce, and I blurted out, "He'd have been just as much use to her if he were a frog!" Sad to say, they agreed with me.

"A Prince Among Frogs" is part of my collection MAGIC IN SUBURBIA, which is available in paperback and Kindle formats. It is also part of the collection THE PRINCESS, THE DRAGON, AND THE FROG PRINCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment