Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Connecticat


"Connecticat" was written for Andre Norton's anthology CATFANTASTIC 3, which was published in 1994. The story was a collaboration with my friend Raul S. Reyes; he supplied Tibetan Buddhism, while I supplied life in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Talk about a clash of cultures!

Raul and I visited my parents in New Canaan once, and I told him we were going into New York. My father did the commute daily, so I was startled when Raul asked, "How many days do I pack for?" He spent most of his life in Texas or California, where going to another state was not a day trip. It's funny how many assumptions you never question until you encounter someone with a different set.

"Connecticat" is part of the collection MAGIC IN SUBURBIA, which is available in paperback, Kindle, and Kobo formats.