Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Things That Go Grump in the Night

"Things That Go Grump in the Night" was another first in my career. It was the first time I sold a story to someone who didn't know me personally. It appeared in an anthology called THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT, edited by Jane Yolen. After spending a decade in Marion's household and being the person in charge of bringing order out of chaos (or at least finding things in the chaos), I would have been happy to have a brownie to help me!

My favorite story in the anthology, however, wasn't mine. It was Bruce Coville's "Duffy's Jacket"--a wonderful story about what happened to a boy who was always forgetting where he had dropped his stuff.

"Things That Go Grump in the Night" is part of my collection MAGIC IN SUBURBIA, which is available in paperback and Kindle formats.